Easy Roasted Vegetable Recipe
It’s forever sad when the holidays are over and all the tempting treats are gone but it’s always about this time my corpse starts to crave more strong food after all the indulgent food I’ve been eating. I guess it’s a super thing the holidays don’t last forever. These are wonderful served with a whole grain or alongside poultry, beef or fish. This is now one of those side dishes that goes with anything. Crazy enough I didn’t start cookery vegetables in the oven until later in life. I had no plan what I was missing out on! My kids these don’t care much for vegetables but when I cook them it’s so much easier to get them to eat them.
My daughter actually requests roasted Brussels sprouts every the time. While this really isn’t much a recipe it’s more now a method to get you started. Just the once you try roasted vegetables you’ll be hooked for life. It makes strong eating much more enjoyable!
What Ingredients do I Need to Roast Vegetables?
- The grand thing about this formula is that you can clear out the fridge with other veggies you may have on give, you can also utilize different seasonings based on what you like
- Vegetables – tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, red onion, garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Lemon (optional) how to Roast Vegetables in the Oven this method to cook vegetables couldn’t be easier!
- Chop veggies: cut veggies into pieces regarding the same size, place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with oil and seasoning: Drizzle with olive oil, spray with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper then toss.
- Spread across baking sheet and cook: Spread evenly so vegetables roast evenly and roast 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, continue to roast: Remove from oven adds tomatoes and toss mix, spread even over again.
- Just use the same simple method – chop (things such as green beans and asparagus now leave whole), drizzle with oil, season, toss and cook. Toss once or double through baking.
- Now keep in mind different vegetables take various amounts of time so I usually like to roast vegetables with the same cook time together.