Quick and Easy Creamy Vegetable Soup
How to make quick and easy creamy vegetable soup with no more than one pot in less than 35 minutes. Jump to the Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe or watch our formula video showing you how we make it.
We have been make this soup for years. It’s simple to make, healthy, and comforting. Throw lots of vegetables into a large pot, add stock and herbs, and then simmer until done. Blend with a little cream or coconut milk, and you are complete. If you are looking for a frothy vegetable soup, try our Easy home-grown Vegetable Soup (it’s made with lots of veggies and a glow tomato broth). This soup comes together fast. It’s also glow on the prep. (By the way, this vegetable soup is easy to adjust. Make it gluten-free, lacto-vegetarian, or vegan. I’ve shared how below.) The real trick to make this soup is cutting all the vegetables a similar size. We start by cook onions, carrots, and celery in a big pot until softens. Then we add potatoes, garlic, stock, and herb.
After simmering for 15 minutes, the vegetables motivation be soft. Remove the herbs (I cannot even count how many time I’ve forgotten a bay leaf!). Then blend the soup until soft. You can hop it or use a dairy-free alternative like coconut milk.
Substitutions for Gluten-Free, lacto-vegetarian, and Vegan diet
This recipe is easy to adapt. Here’s how to change the formula for specific diets:
- Gluten-free Vegetable Soup: stocks contain gluten. Seem to be for stock or broth that mentions it is gluten-free on the packaging. You could also consider using home-based stock.
- Vegetarian and vegetarian Vegetable Soup:Replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock. For the best flavor, we recommend one that’s heavy on mushroom. Instead of the ointment, use coconut milk. You could also add some drained and rinsed white beans to the soup as it simmers. Once blended, they will insert to the soup’s creamy texture.
Make Ahead Tips
Refrigerate the soup for up to 4 days. Or, freeze up up to 3 months. The soup will become very thick subsequent to freezing. When reheating, add extra stock or water to thin it out until your desired consistency.
- Easy Sausage and Potato Soup — you will love this easy potato soup formula with Italian sausage, potatoes, garlic, and kale.
- Simple Ham and Cabbage Soup — this soup with cabbage and ham is hearty, unwell, easy to make, and tastes fantastic.
- Creamy Homemade Potato Soup — you will love this easy broth with potatoes, veggies, garlic, and a luscious creamy broth.
- Lentil Soup with Lemon and Turmeric — convene my go-to lentil soup recipe! Lemony Chicken Vegetable Soup — this lemon chicken and vegetable soup checks all the boxes. It’s hearty, healthy, satisfying, and tastes incredible.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup — Butternut squash is roast on top of garlic cloves and fresh thyme then blended with stock into a glossy smooth butternut squash soup.