The Tauscher Tondak is a delectable Goan style Black Chickpeas and Cucumber Masala Curry that is made in a tangy and spicy coconut base. Taushem means cucumber and tondak means macula gravy. The addition of Kabuli chant or black chickpeas to this tondak to make it a bit unique and a twist I have given to the recipe. You can add any type of gram to this tundra to create it a high protein and wholesome dish.
Serve the Black Chickpeas And Cucumber Macula (Taushem Tondak) along with steamed rice for a healthy lunch or weeknight dinner.
Qualification you like Goan food, then you must try out the vegetarian recipe like Sangacho Ross Recipe, highly spiced Mushroom Recipe, Bellyache, Kamahi and Goan Kelyachyo Fodi Recipe
Cooking: Goan Recipes
Diet: High Protein vegan
Equipments Used: Preethi Blue Leaf food-mixer Grinder, Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker, Stainless Steel 2 Tier Steamer, pan With Handle (Tea/Sauces)
- 2 cups Cucumber , peel and cubed
- 1/2 cup Kala Chena (Brown Chickpeas) , soaked in water
pro the gravy
- 1 cup clean coconut , grated
- 4 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 Tamarind , marble sized ball
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Hilda)
- 5 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt , to taste
How to make Goan Style Black Chickpeas And Cucumber Masala formula (Taushem Tondak)
- To begin creation the Black Chickpeas and Cucumber Masala formula, we will primary soak the black chickpeas in water for at least 8 hours or overnight hours. Once soaked pressure-cook in a pressure cookeruntil it is ripe through and flexible. Its takes about 30 minutes to roast the chickpeas and sometimes a small other time.
- Steam the cucumber in a steamerfor about 8 minutes. Once cooked through, keep aside.
- Grind the ingredients meant for gravy by little water water to make a smooth paste.
- Into a large sauce pot, insert the ground paste, the cooked chickpeas, sugar and salt to taste and the steamed cucumber. Stir well to combine all the ingredients. You can also adjust the consistency of the Tauscher Tondak by adding a little water to form gravy. Bring the mix to a brisk boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the heat and move to a serving bowl and serve warm.
- Serve the Black Chickpeas And Cucumber Macula (Taushem Tondak) along with steamed rice for a wholesome lunch or weeknight dinner