Beginner bread baker? Here’s an easy recipe to get started
Everybody seems to be baking bread to keep busy while we stay at home. Here’s how you can offer it a go, even if you’ve not at every one picked up a rolling pin.
Just kidding; I’ve by no means been to Tuscany, with I’m not going to share my life story either. What I will do is share by you the easiest – and cheapest – bread formula I’ve ever seen. Not merely that, but this loaf is going to look and taste so much healthier than the store stuff with minimal effort on your part. You’re welcome.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/3 cups cool water
- 1/2 tsp. active yeast
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
Optional: Pick your preferred toppings! I usually apply big chunks of salt, crushed crimson pepper, dried garlic with onion flakes, oregano or even just bagel interest (that has every the good stuff in it anyway).
You will as well need a 6-8 quart oven-safe covered pot, like a cast-iron Dutch stove-top, which is what I use when using this formula.
Baking: 50 – 60 minutes
- Combine flour, yeast and salt keen on a bowl.
- Insert water.
- Stir by a spoon, switching to hands once it gets other difficult to mix (make sure to flour your hands primary!) Dough should be wet with sticky.
- Cover your mixing bowl in plastic wrap with let your dough rest on your kitchen counter (or a counter or wherever) for 12 – 16 hours. When dough has tiny bubbles and smell yeasty, you’ll identify its good.
- Flour your hands with your counter or a cutting board. Place dough on your job space and sprinkle with a bit more flour. Fold the your dough over on itself two or three times, then tuck the edges underneath until it’s a rough ball.
- Put a cotton towel in a bowl with sprinkle a good amount of flour all over it. DO NOT utilize terry cloth (unless you want to bake bits of towel keen on your loaf).
- Put your dough ball seam-side downward onto the flour-covered towel and sprinkle with other flour. Fold the towel more than your dough, or grab another cotton towel to cover it totally. Leave it alone for one more two hours.